Hi CCC Fam!
I hope that you’re all finally coming out of your Thanksgiving food coma. (I’m almost there.)
It’s December, which means more events!
What’s the plan, Stan?
Resources for Women Service Project
Here are the important things to know…
- Date: Friday, Dec. 11th
- Time: 4:30-8:00 PM
- Where? Resources for Women Thrift Store (meet there)
- Food? YES. We’ll have pizza from Pie Five (a gluten-free version will be available)
- Recommended clothing? NOT wear your FAVORITE sweater that your FAVORITE grandmother knitted you for Christmas last year. We’ll be painting, organizing, and cleaning up the thrift store area. Wear something that you don’t mind getting dirty!
Please be sure to sign up with a leader, so we can make sure we’ll have enough pizza for everyone!
Youth Christmas Party
Things to remember:
- Date: Friday, Dec. 18th
- Time: 5:00-10:00 PM
- Where? Kyle and Carlyn’s house: 543 N. Halifax Dr., Ormond Beach, FL 32176
- Food? OHHH YES. There’ll be lots of food, including a GINGERBREAD COOKIE STATION. Trust me…you don’t want to miss it.
- Recommended clothing? There’ll be an Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest. ‘Nough said. (Hint: THIS is when you can wear your FAVORITE Christmas cat sweater that your FAVORITE grandmother knitted you last year.)
There will also be games and a bonfire. No sign up necessary.
Note: IF YOU ARE NOT THERE THEN SANTA WILL AUTOMATICALLY PUT YOU ON HIS NAUGHTY LIST. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.
We’d love to spend some quality time with you all–serving with you and having an ol’ fashioned good time!
Also, for those of you who missed it, on Nov. 21st, we spent the day at Scott Farms in Mt. Dora.
Here’s a picture as proof. (Don’t worry. The sky didn’t fall out until after we left.)
Update on Wednesday night Bible study:
We just finished studying Genesis 21 where God finally gives Abraham and Sarah a son. As we look at God’s promises fulfilled throughout Genesis (and as we approach the Advent season), I encourage you all to remember that we serve a God who fulfilled the ultimate promise: the Son who came to us as a baby in a manger and experienced God’s wrath on our behalf. God has given us His seal and has called us His sons and daughters because of Christ. We have much to be thankful for.